Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome! & A little about the gal behind the camera...

Thank you for stopping by the new blog!! I hope you will bookmark the blog and check back often! I will be posting sneak peaks, practice sessions, and anything else I might fancy ;)

Let me introduce myself - My name is Mandy, and I wear a lot of different hats around here! I am a wife, Mommy of 2 little ones, daughter, friend, CCU registered nurse, and an aspiring photographer!!


I am not going to start out saying "I have always enjoyed photography..." because honestly, until about 5 years ago, I didn't really give it a second thought! I HAVE always enjoyed having pictures, though... preserving memories, smiling faces looking back at you for years down the road. I have boxes and boxes (and boxes and boxes!) of pictures from the time I was little through high school and college and beyond. I have carried a camera everywhere with me since I was 9 years old... Spent my allowance and birthday money on film and developing...but I never really thought about photography - composition, etc. I just wanted to capture the smiling or funny faces of my family and friends!

Then it happened... I became a MOMMY!! I took so many pictures of my baby girl that we were averaging a roll or two of film a week for the first 9 months of her life! Then I went digital... I had a 4mp Kodak easy share (one of the highest mp for a point and shoot then!) and I started editing pictures and learning what all I could do with that on my computer.
I was a boutique hair accessory designer and sold bows on Ebay. I saved and saved my $$ until I had enough to purchace my DSLR camera, a canon rebel XT almost 2 years ago. I have been practicing and learning, and reading and studying photography since then!
So here we are! I would love for you to follow my blog, leave comments, and track my progress toward my ultimate goal... of becoming a photographer when I grow up!!
~M~

No comments: