Thursday, March 12, 2009

What little boys are doing when they are quiet..

Oh my! I knew having a son would be different from having a daughter.. but I didn't know HOW different!!

My daughter is caring, compassionate, with a flair for being dramatic. And I mean D-R-A-M-A!


My son, is sweet, funny.. and Mischevious! And that is all in capitals as well!


How can this sweet face

Turn into this??


With one jar of Vick's baby vapor rub and 10 minutes of quiet time!


This happened on Valentine's day. We were all having a nice relaxing afternoon, and he was quiet. After 2 minutes of quiet, I asked him, "What are you doing?" He said, "watching TV" which is what he was doing when I last saw him (only 2 minutes before).


It was the next 8 minutes when I should have intervened. I suppose I got caught up doing whatever it was I was doing, and the hubby of course was watching a basketball game and had gone into that zone that men go to while watching sports (you know what I am talking about... the "staring-at-the-tv-mouth-slightly-open-unable-to-hear-anything-except-the-Game" Zone)


I finally realized that another 8 minutes of peaceful quiet had gone by and asked him to come here. He ran into the den and I swear, there were fumes rising from his head! None of us had a problem breathing that day... hahaaaha!


We are so lucky that he didn't get it into his eyes!!! We got him cleaned up.. but it did take 3 days to get it all out of his hair!! I did learn that baking soda mixed with the shampoo helps!

1 comment:

stuphbysteph said...

My son is 3 1/2 and sounds just as mischievous as yours. I actually have 2 pictures of when my son got into vaseline and on a separate occasion my mascara! And... it only took a matter of minutes for him to get into it and have it all over his face!! They can be sooo much fun and get into sooo much trouble at the blink of an eye!